Tuesday, June 08, 2004

It all started when...

I walked past a copy of Debbie Stoller's book, "Stitch 'n Bitch" in Barnes and Noble. I had wanted to learn to knit for as long as I can remember, but I never knew any knitters, and had been unable to teach myself from a book. When I saw SnB, I bought it and resolved to find someone to teach me.

I did a Google search to find knitters in my area, and lo and behold, found there were several. I went to the one that was listed through meetup.com, and the women there graciously and patiently taught me to knit. Almost two weeks to that day, I had produced these:


(that's me on the right- so happy to be knitting!)

That's the "Hot Head" pattern from SnB, in Lion Brand Thick and Quick.

That was followed by:



Made for a friend, it is a modified keyhole pattern provided by my LYS, knit in Manos del Uruguay in the woodland colorway. Followed by:



a gaiter to keep my neck warm at work, in Plymouth Indiecita Alpaca. I found an easy pattern for felted catnip-stuffed mice online and made these for a friend with Brown Sheep Nature Spun and Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool:



I have a few other things in the works, but I unfortunately am a slow knitter and a slow finisher.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home