Thursday, July 08, 2004

Yet another frivolous yarn purchase

Buying yarn has absolutely become a disease for me. I visited a brand-new Pat Catan's (a huge, inexpensive chain of crafts stores) last night and came home with this:


Bernat Galaxy in Venus


A swatch of it knitted up on size 13US needles

It is very bumpy and I am wondering if I should switch to a larger needle to maximize the "drapiness" of the knitted fabric. Anyway, this is destined to be a scarf, as well as something to keep me busy on my 2 hour a day commute to and from work.

I seamed the Summer in the City tank this weekend after blocking it, and I have to say that I am a little disappointed with the sweater so far. I tried it on without the straps and it is definitely baggy on me, and I'm not sure if I will be able to shrink it. I really liked the Rowan Summer Tweed yarn in the hanks, but I am not too crazy about it when knitted up. I'm hoping it looks better once I have crocheted the straps on, though I still have to figure out how to crochet.

The baby cardigan is also making some slow progress, but I am at the point where I am afraid to carry it around with me on the bus and in the city (hence the new scarf referenced above). But, I recently got the good news that my fiance's cousin had a baby girl, so now I can knit pink baby things!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home