Thursday, October 22, 2009

Because my buddies needed new hats.

Since the last time I wrote, I've started far too many projects and knit on them and the ones that I already had in progress far too little. But when the weather turned earlier than expected, I found myself with no hats to keep the twins' still mostly hairless little heads warm. Norwegian Sweet Baby Cap to the rescue!















Pattern: Norwegian Sweet Baby Cap by Gro; 131 stitches cast on
Yarn, etc.: Koigu KPPPM; Addi Turbo circular needles (size 2.5mm and 3mm), and Knit Picks double pointed needles (size 3mm)
Mods: Added a couple of extra garter rows in beginning and completed 15 increase/decrease rows instead of the 11 rows the pattern called for; picked up 5 stitches on each side and knitted 10 inches of i-cord for ties

I just love this pattern. Each hat took me only about two days to knit, and really, could they be any cuter? Now to get back to that pile of UFOs...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger DPUTiger said...

Those hats look great!! I'll have to keep that pattern in mind for my niece!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

No, the hats could not be any cuter. But they're not as cute as the twins!

1:25 PM  
Blogger paisley penguin said...

So very cute! Gosh - are they walking already? Time flies!

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Zibeline Knits said...

Hi! I love how even your stitches are! Really cute hats! Following you. Happy Friday!

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Harry plante medicinale said...

This child is so beautiful.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I ordered a mask from your company it had baseball logos on it. But the logo depicted on your website had the Detroit tigers logo at the top of the mask and that is the mask that I thought I was getting when I made my order. Sorry to my disappointment to find the mask you sent me had no Detroit tigers on it at all. I am very unsatisfied with my mask. I hope there is some solution to this problem that you will advise me as to how it can be corrected to my satisfaction.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home