Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Okay, done with the lace for a bit.







Pattern: Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark [Ravelry link]
Yarn, etc.: Alpaca with a Twist Fino, Silver Belle (0098); KnitPicks Options needles, size US 4 / 3.5 mm
Mods: None

Once I got past the main chart of this shawl, I loved knitting it. For some reason, even though it was the easiest chart in the pattern, it gave me all kinds of trouble and I ended up tinking back many, many times. This was my first time knitting nupps, and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Following the advice of others on Ravelry, I kept those yarn overs nice and loose and used sharp needles, and had no problems at all. I'm looking forward to knitting Clark's Baltic Blossoms shawl someday, another one including lots of nupps.

Since I know I could have these babies any day now and I feel like I'm in a holding pattern, I'm going to keep things nice and simple for a while - simple hats and socks, lots of stockinette, practicing my spinning. Also, I still have Wicked on the needles and may actually get back to that soon. When I put it down last, I wanted to rip and rework the waist shaping:



Since I won't be able to try it on for a couple more months at least, perhaps I will put the body on some waste yarn for now and start on the sleeves. Here's hoping that I actually get my waist back at all after the twins are born!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne said...

You'll lose your baby weight in no time, I'm sure, and be back to lookig fabulous!!!

(the confirmation letters are wckd -- i'd like to buy a vowel and spell wicked!!) (how funny)

10:50 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I dreamed on Sunday night that you had had the babies, it was so vivid that I had to check the computer when I woke up to see if somebody had sent out an email with the big news. Then I saw on Ravelry that you had added photos of the Swallowtail shawl and I didn't think you would be in labor and still taking artsy lace shots! You almost got an OMG DID YOU HAVE THE BABIES email from me though!

10:57 AM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Your shawl looks GREAT! Yay, you! :)

11:00 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

So very beautiful! Great job and lovely yarn choice!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

When I saw the new blog post in Bloglines, I figured you'd either finished the shawl or had gone into labor. And then I figured it was probably the shawl, because if you'd gone into labor we'd probably have heard by now.

In any case, it looks spectacular! I really, really, really want to cast on for a Swallowtail now!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

The shawl is so gorgeous!

We're officially on baby watch with you now and I hope that you are feeling ok. I know you're probably ready for them to come any time now. Can't wait to get to meet the newest members of our knitting circle. (I'm officially giving them honorary member status as of right now.)

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home