Monday, August 18, 2008

Might as well face it. I'm addicted to lace.









Pattern: Shetland Triangle by Evelyn A. Clark [Ravelry link]
Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy, Cloud Jungle colorway
Mods: Completed 10 repeats of the body chart; final blocked measurements: 55 x 28 inches

I'd like to send a huge shout out to Evelyn Clark for writing such a fabulous pattern. It was well written, easy to follow and enjoyable from start to finish. I know that I'll be making this one again in the future. In fact, I enjoyed this one so much that I did a little searching on Ravelry for Evelyn Clark's other shawl patterns, and into my queue went her Baltic Blossoms Lace Shawl Ravelry link], and her Swallowtail Shawl [Ravelry link]. Both of these shawl patterns include nupps (eeek!), and I'll be starting with the Swallowtail Shawl to try my hand at those for the very first time. I think that my lovely new Dream in Color laceweight will be perfect for the Baltic Blossoms shawl, but for the Swallowtail, I've chosen this gorgeous soft grey Alpaca with a Twist Fino from my stash:



I'm anxious to cast on, but have a list of chores that I need to complete before I can even think of starting, so I'm off to get those finished!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Gorgeous Shetland Triangle! I think your Smooshy was a perfect color for it.

Now, didn't I tell you I'd convert you to charts?!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Sherral said...

It'ss beautiful! ...and don't you hate when chores get in the way of knitting? :] But I guess that's "real life", right?

1:11 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Does this mean your knitting mojo is back?

1:29 PM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love the 1st pic - that's just awesome. I want to do the swallowtail shawl, too -- and I am going to use my seasilk for it. I'm anxious to get started on it!! But I need to finish the other 2 shawls first. Eeep!

2:24 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Very nicely done. Is that another Campbell Pottery bowl? I'm gonna have to stop on my next trip.

10:13 AM  
Blogger luvs2knit said...

Simply beautiful that's all I can say!!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home