Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm back, babies!

Whew! Now that was a long hiatus. Really, I haven't been knitting much at all over the past few months, so really, there's been nothing to blog about anyway. I have been busy, however:



I'm 20 weeks pregnant, with twins! I haven't been knitting much, because I was sleeping virtually all of the time that I wasn't working during my first trimester. I know it's scandalous, but in the time that I was awake, I didn't feel like knitting or spinning at all. After my first trimester ended, and I left my job, I was looking forward to getting back into it. Of course, life intervened. I spent last Monday, my very first day off, at the ER with horrible back and abdominal pain. By Thursday, I was admitted to the hospital and was having emergency surgery (thankfully, the babies are okay, as far as we know, and I am well on my way to a full recovery now). What an exciting week!

I did manage to start a small project, though. The first of two sweaters for the twins:



We're fairly sure that one twin is a boy and the other is a girl, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that! The pattern is Carole Barenys' Top Down Baby Sweater (Ravelry link), which hopefully is just the thing to ease me back in to my knitting addiction. The yarn is Falk by Dale of Norway, color 5813. Like so many other Ravelers, I am using seed stitch for the button bands instead of garter. It's slow going so far, but I hope that I'll get back into the swing of knitting soon, because I have lots to do with two on the way!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Yay, I thought you had given up on blogging! And seriously, 20 weeks along already? Holy crap. Glad you're home again and feeling better! :)

3:36 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

What Jenn said!!! :) Great to se you back on ye olde bloggity blog, home, vertical and with a smile on your (partially obscured) face! :) Hope to see you Wednesday!

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting! I know how you feel about not knitting in the throes of the first trimester.
Have been meaning to stop by B&N, but things are crazy. I'm due at the end of July!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm so happy to hear that you're home and doing much better!

You know, you don't have to ALL the knitting for the babies -- now is the time to put in your order!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

Echo, echo, echo. It's so good to see you doing well. Great baby bump, too! :)

11:40 PM  
Blogger paisley penguin said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I have been missing your posting on your blog. Glad your surgery is behind you. When is your due date?

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! There is a twin epidemic it seems!! Wonderful wonderful news!!

8:39 AM  
Blogger paisley penguin said...

Just to get you back in the swing of things. Tag - your it! I posted a meme today and am tagging you! Have a great day! :)

11:40 PM  
Blogger luvs2knit said...

Jen...I'm so excited about your pregnancy and twins!!! Yahoo. Glad to see your back on the blogging side. Hope to see you soon.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home