Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ravelry is dangerous.

Somehow, Wicked has suddenly jumped into my queue. The yarn for it arrived over the weekend ...

how's that for yarn pr0n?

... and I look forward to winding it tonight and casting on tonight or tomorrow. After all, I've got to have something that requires less attention than the Forest Canopy Shawl to take to Hurricane Knitters this week!

As far as the FCS goes, I have gotten a little better, and after some humiliation* encouragement from Yvonne, I have taken to using only one lifeline after a pattern repeat (and taking the onld ones out) rather than lifelining after every repeat. It still looks like a big black blob:

101307_fcs

Hope to see you all at Hurricane Knitters this Wednesday, 7-10 p.m. at the Waterworks Barnes & Noble!

* I should clarify: Yvonne's "humiliation" was more good-natured teasing than anything else :)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, the FCS is looking great! I think if you've gotten this far, you'll be fine.

See you tomorrow night!

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, I didn't mean to humiliate you!! :( Don't worry that your FCS looks like a black blob...mine looks like a blue blob. Bring it anyway on Wed. (I'm bringing mine!) just so we can compare. :)

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you finished Wicked you should get your hair cut like the model in the pic then do a side by side photo!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Just wait until you suddenly find yourself with a queue of over 100 items. Seriously.

2:57 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

wicked is so beautiful! my queue is so huge.

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heehee. I knew you were teasing and that I really didn't humiliate you. :)

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home