Monday, July 09, 2007

Not quite good with the lace yet, but getting there.

Thank you to Jenn and Carrie for suggesting the use of a lifeline while working the lace portion of the Dream in Color shrug. Brazenly (or stupidly), I did not bother to put in a lifeline as I braved the rest of the lace. Luckily for me, I did finally get the hang of it, and this is the first time I've ever been able to finish patterned lace knitting without some sort of major cock-up that necessitated my ripping out the entire thing and restarting seven or eight times.

It's tiresome, being this beautiful.

I have about 1-2 inches of ribbing left to go on the second cuff, then I just need to seam the sleeves and pick up and knit the stitches around the body. Hopefully I have enough yarn to finish the job!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I hate to say I told you so, but -- didn't I tell you you'd figure out the lace? ;-)

The color looks great against Stella, by the way.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Stella is an excellent model, it looks quite lovely on her! The pattern is gorgeous, I wish I didn't look so terrible in shrugs!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can knit entrelac, so why were you ever worried about lace (aka, knitting with extra large holes in different places)?

looks lovely!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home