Sunday, July 01, 2007

I'm not so good with the lace.

I don't know what it is, but I am lace-impaired. I managed to finish two repeats of the pattern on the Dream in Color shrug, but boy, oh boy, it was slow going:


Many rows were tinked and re-knit to get to this point.

Only seven more repeats to go!

I know that I am late to the Flickr game, but I created an account to save some of my photographic experimentations. We took the Lensbaby out for a spin this Saturday. I am still learning how to use it, and it takes me dozens of shots to get just one keeper. I am looking forward to lots more practice time, and hopefully I will get better at using it than I've proven to be at lace knitting!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I added you as a contact in Flickr, because I am a total Flickr contact whore. The lace is pretty, I love the color! Have you thought about using a life line?

10:16 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, that yarn is gorgeous knitted up! The lace will get easier the more you knit -- you'll be an old pro by the time you finish the shrug.

I'm off to go check out your Flickr photos!

8:20 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

i second the recommendation for a life line. also use lotsa stitch markers and even a row counter. that's what i do -- i need to set myself up for success! looks great so far.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home