Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Progress.

I know that it might be a novel concept here at OSSFM, but I actually have some progress shots!



Um, I know that it doesn't really look like I have made any or much progress on Lady E, but I promise you that I have. I originally cast on for one more rectangle than the pattern called for, thinking I would make up the width that way for using a finer weight yarn. After I'd finished two tiers, I looked at it and, not only was it wiiiide, there seemed to be no chance that I would actually be able to finish the thing in my lifetime. So, I ripped and cast on for the recommended number of rectangles. I'm three and a half (a little further than the photo shows) tiers in, and it's looking like it will be plenty wide, at somewhere around 20 inches, not accounting for any extra width from blocking.

Also, there's this:



Now I understand why so many people have made multiple pairs of these. So easy and so satisfying!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I love the colors of your Lady Eleanor! I will tell you that mine grew a lot with blocking, so if you want it wider you can definitely pull it out and get it wider (just have a lot of pins ready!). I can't wait to see how the colors develop!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I need to make myself a pair of Jaywalkers...so much knitting, so little time!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Sorry to bother you but I really like the colourway for your Lady E. So much so that despite decided there was no way I would knit it, your colourway has me thinking about it again.

Which colourway did you use?

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home