Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Finished stuff!

Well, well. Actually, some knitting to show for a change. Here are the recent fruits of my labor:



Here's the first in the latest pair of traveling socks, knit in Claudia's Handpaint, Walk in the Woods colorway. Seriously, I should have known better than this. Every morning, Stella looks for a sock to run off with. Sometimes she just carries them around, and sometimes she chews them mercilessly. So it's no surprise that this happened next:



I know that some of you out there may have passed out or gasped, but I assure you that she was completely supervised during this photo shoot and no socks were harmed in the taking of these photos.

Then there's this:



This is the aforementioned boring knitting. It's a garter stitch scarf for my nephew, knit in Katia Nepal. I don't remember which colorway, and I am so sick of looking at this yarn that I honestly don't want to bother checking.

Then there's the current love of my knitting life:



This is the Manos, which is on its way to becoming My So-Called Scarf. I'm knitting it on straights for a change, so it's not portable, and I maybe only get to knit a couple rows every few days on it, but the yarn is so, so lucious.

I'll be bringing the scarf tomorrow night to Waterworks knitting (Barnes & Noble, 7 p.m.). I'm hoping to see lots of Pittsburgh knitters there. Maybe the bloggers can even explain to me what this "new" blogger nonsense is? See you there!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least Stella plays with socks. Rufus woke us up at 4:30 on Saturday morning batting an empty soap box around the bedroom. WTF?

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I think you lucked out (to some extent) in finding a dog who appreciates handknits.

Love the finished scarf, although I can see why it was getting boring.

Looking forward to seeing you tonight!

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness what a great photo shoot. Abner definitely would have eaten the sock.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear, someday I'm going to make it out to waterworks for knitting. And that colorway on that scarf is absolutely gorgeous, even if you are sick of it. :)

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And by the way -- you've been tagged.

http://paknitwit.blogspot.com/2006/12/weeks-wrap-up.html

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home