Thursday, September 07, 2006

To the frog pond!

The second Koigu traveling sock, approx. 1:30 p.m., Sept. 6:



Cuff finished. Still pooling. I mentioned my pooling woes to Lori, and she said that she didn't know what would help, except maybe for frogging and re-starting from the other end of the skein. A light went off. You know, it hadn't even occurred to me to try that, even though I was so displeased with the pooling. I had chalked it up to the Koigu being a handpaint, and that the two socks would be different, but still pretty and warm and comfy, blah blah blah. I was not fooling myself. The pooling was killing me. Subtle differences are good, but the radical difference between the socks, not so much. (Sorry, Rebekah!)

The second Koigu traveling sock, approx. 1:30 p.m., Sept. 7:

aah, much better

Much better! Lori, you're a genius!

So yes, I would prefer not to initiate conversation with 40 guy, and being overly practical and too slow a knitter to devote time and yarn to knitting a useless object, the 40 cosy is a no-go. Just the thought of it is hilarious, though, and will give me a smile every time I think of it!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I never would have thought of starting from the other end of the skein either! Just say no to pooling!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I liked the way it was pooling, but I definitely see your point about it not matching the first sock. We can't have you walking around the city in mismatched socks! (If you did that, you'd be like one of those odd people we see at B&N that we make fun of!)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yes, it's only a small jump from wearing mismatched socks to carrying around a balloon and a fish in a big while wearing beadazzled clothing.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Or walking a pig, for that matter.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or knitting cozies for your OWN 40s. Glad to see the reverse theory actually worked in eliminating the pooling. Hopefully this one will come closer to matching the first sock.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

I must be really dense, but I don't understand how starting from the other end puts an end to pooling. But like I've said hundreds of times, I think I have some sort of weird spacial learning disability thing. To me, the socks would still pool, only in a different direction... or something like that. The yarn is still spaced out the same. I worry myself. But having said all that, I can see that the second sock is obviously better.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home