Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Excitement!

What am I so excited about?

1.) The safe and healthy arrival of the recipient of these:

teeny

Pattern: Infant socks by Judy Ellis
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Purple Iris
Mods: None to the pattern, but used a twisted German cast-on (my new favorite!)

2.) My excellent new traveling sock in Koigu KPPPM, color P155 (still like it better than the Lorna's):

pretty

Green Gable is still coming along. I've only been able to do one or two rounds per evening, so it's slowed down considerably. I think I can have it finished by late summer/early fall though, when it will be more comfortable to wear it.

3.) A new yarn shop. This is of particular note as it truly will be my local yarn shop - about a two-minute drive or less than a 10 minute walk from my house. The grand opening is this Saturday. Of course, you can expect a full report next week!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Those socks are so cute! And tiny!

A new yarn shop? Do tell! I need details!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

The socks turned out beautifully! Glad to hear that the baby is doing well -- and that she'll have fashionable feet!

You must tell me more about this new yarn store! If it's in your neighborhood, I'm pretty sure that it then qualifies as my new LYS. Where is it, and when will it be open? I'll have to try to stop by on my way home from work Saturday afternoon.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Oh those little socks are so cute. Isn't it fun to knit baby socks?? They go so quickly. A new shop in Oakmont, huh? Great. I may have occasion to visit that area more in the future due to some changes at work. I'll have to check it out!

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home