Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sock progress.

So here's the progress on my design-your-own cabled Koigu socks:

pretty colors

I am very pleased with how these are coming along so far, the Koigu is an absolute dream to knit with, though I wish there was a little more yardage in a skein. Oh well, how can you complain about perfection :)

As for the Daikeito socks, well, they've undergone a little renovation:

excuse my disemboweled sock

I knitted the entire cuff (7 inches) then realized that they looked like they were going to be uncomfortably tight. So, a ripping I went. No worries, though. I'll be toting the sock around NYC with me this week and am sure I will be able to sneak in some time here and there to knit on it. A couple of things on my/our agenda include: a trip to the MoMA, a visit to School Products, a stop at the Shake Shack, dinner at Sparks, and a tour of the Statue of Liberty. The wedding is in Avalon, NJ, so we'll be staying there on Friday evening through Sunday morning. If anyone knows of any yarn shops anywhere near any of those places, let me know!

By the way, the Waterworks Stitch & Bitch is Wednesday, and although I won't be there, I'm wishing you all happy knitting. Also, check out Jenn's new project, the Museum of Misguided Knitting. I'm thinking that my Tubey would fit in well over there. See you next week!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I am not going to be able to make it on Wednesday either...better luck next month, I guess!

Thanks for the link to my little side project! I need to get my Banff sweater entry done, which will require a photo shoot session and possibly odd looks from the neighbors.

Have fun in NYC this weekend!

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sock looks fantastic with the cable pattern. Since you're making the pattern up, maybe you can publish it online - ? Sock lovers will flock to you for socks!

2:02 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

have a great time in new york! you picked some great destinations. you could also check out seaport yarns before you head to the statue of liberty. and you could go to the point just because it's a great spot. : )

2:20 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hope you had a good trip! Looking forward to seeing further progress on those socks -- they look good so far!

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home