Monday, March 27, 2006

Finished. Finally.

3000 miles of ribbing

That's Tubey, blocking. Modeling shots to come soon, if it actually fits me.

Until then, I will share some recent stash acquisitions:

socks socks socks!

All from Knit Picks, that's some Essential, Sock Memories (in the Cape Cod colorway) and Shimmer, along with Nancy Bush's book, Knitting Vintage Socks and some new double points. I would just like to say that it seems to be nearly impossible to find shorter (6"), metal dpns in size 0, 1 or 2. If anyone knows where I can procure some of these elusive needles, please leave a comment. Extra thanks if you can tell me where to find Addi steel dpns in that size and length. The Sock Memories yarn is for a pair of promised socks for the husband, and I just couldn't resist that color green, so that is destined to become something out of the Nancy Bush book. The Shimmer is for a lacey scarf for my mom, who's previously hinted at wanting one. I'm still not sure what lace pattern I'll use yet, but it's really looking like feather and fan.

Also, there's this:

more Kureyon - what were you expecting?

Did anyone else out there know that Webs was having an overstock sale on Kureyon last week? $5.50 a ball! Naturally, I couldn't help myself. In other yarn/knitting purchasing news, I finally bit the bullet and ordered myself a ball winder. The thought of winding that Shimmer into a ball by hand was just too much for me. Soon all of my yarn will be in pretty yarn cakes.

Oh yeah, and one more thing:

"Stephanie Pearl-McPhee is coming to Knit One at 2721 Murray Avenue in Squirrel Hill 412-421-6666 on Friday April 7 at 7 pm. She will be doing a talk and presentation and a book signing for her new book "Knitting Rules." There is no charge but if you are able please bring a can item for the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank."

I'm so there. Anyone else planning to go?

12 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne said...

Jen - Kathy's Kreations in Ligonier has the Addi Turbo dpn's. Been there, saw them. :)

9:24 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thanks, Yvonne!

Did you happen to notice if they were 6", by chance? I have some of the 8" sets, and they are just too long for me to work with comfortably. I'll have to call Kathy and do a little more research!

Thanks again!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Tubey has turned out absolutely amazing, can't wait to see photos of you wearing it! And I really love the yarn that you've gotten for yourself, especially the Kureyon one sure was a bargain!
Have fun knitting, and best wishes from Austria!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I got my 6" size 1's from Carol's Needleworks in Bridgeville. I love the Cape Cod colorway, have you swatched it yet?

Not sure yet if I will be able to make it to Knit One on the 7th or not, but I would love to go...

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Tubey looks great and what a nice stash enhancement.

5:23 PM  
Blogger LisaBe said...

i'm going to try to go on the 7th :)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yay for Tubey being done! Hope the blocking did the trick and it fits!

I think our stashes would get along well, what with all the "sockage" going on.

Boohoo for my not being able to see the Yarn Harlot. Take lots of pictures and be prepared to give a full recounting!

8:29 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

tubey looks great! i love that color. please post pics soon.

what are you using all the yarn for? you're an extremely lucky gal!

and it's so funny to see someone mention kathy's in ligonier -- my mom and i have visited there!

11:27 AM  
Blogger luvs2knit said...

Love Tubey!!! Hope she fits just right.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Tubey looks awesome. I hope it fits!

9:55 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Tubey is a joy to behold--congrats! I'll try to go see the Yarn Harlot next week, thanks for the heads up!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

The Tubey is yummy... I can't make it out to Pitt to see Harlot but I'm planning to catch her in Doylestown, near Philly, on the 8th.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home