Thursday, April 06, 2006

Happy feet

Because socks can't make you feel fat and lumpy:

so happy I'm curling my toes

still life, with socks

Pattern: Kristin's wonderful sock tutorial at www.cometosilver.com
Yarn: Knit Picks Sock Garden in Geranium

Love, love, love(!) these socks. The yarn is so yummy and soft and the colors are so happy. Kristin's tutorial is awesome for beginning sock knitters. I've cast on already for the husband's socks using the same recipe, and I will be working on the first sock of his pair tomorrow, while listening to the Yarn Harlot. Hope to see some of you there!

Oh yes, thank you again to all of you who made very nice comments about Tubey. I am very proud of my knitting job on it, so all is not lost. I feel a huge sense of accomplishment since it's the largest knit that I have so far managed to complete. Maybe I will feel better in it by the time it is cold enough to wear it again :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Yay, socks! They look great! (Your yarn striped a lot better than mine did -- I got weird pooling of the green.)

12:47 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

your socks look beautiful! much better than my first attempt. (cute photos, too!)

11:00 PM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

THOSE SOCKS ROCK!! It was WONDERFUL to meet you last night!!! (Sorry that I just chatted away at you as if you knew who I was all along...LOL)

5:12 PM  
Blogger luvs2knit said...

Love the socks!!! Cool. It was great seeing you and Lori last night!!!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I love those socks!

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home