Monday, April 03, 2006

It fits, kind of...

Thank you all for your nice comments on Tubey. It does fit, but on me, it's not so flattering:

not so much

Pattern: Tubey by Cassie Rovitti
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Superwash Wool in Shane's Red
Mods: I combined two sizes, using the medium for the shrug part and the small for the body. I also knit a few rows of seed stitch for the sleeve cuffs instead of the purl row, because it was still awfully curly with that purl row.

I've gained some weight in the past few months (post-wedding bingeing), and I am now heavier than I've ever been, so I am pretty self-conscious about my body to begin with. This sweater does not really help matters. In short, it makes me feel lumpy and fat. Mark and I have been exercising, and unless I can get back down to my pre-wedding weight again by next fall, I don't really see much, if any, Tubey wearing in my future. I guess that's incentive to lose the weight, if nothing else!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're feeling so self conscious about your weight. I know that feeling all too well. If it's any consolation, your Tubey really does look good on you, and I'm not just saying that. If you lose too much weight, I don't think it will look so nice.

Necia

11:48 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

Jen, tubey looks awesome!!! Very good job.

(If it's any help, Weight Watchers is helping me with the weight problem...I have lost 20# since January.)

11:53 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I know it's not your favorite, but I think it looks great, and you should be happy if only for the fact that you finished all that hard work. I guess we'll just have to learn to design our own patterns to get sweaters that are as flattering on us as we'd like them to be!

1:43 PM  
Blogger LisaBe said...

wow--i think it looks very good on you! don't be your own worst critic, focusing on what you perceive as flaws (in your body and in your beautiful new sweater). you look beautiful and so does your sweater! all i can say is that when i wasn't feeling so good about my body (or myself), i read dr. phil's ultimate weight solution book, and it SO helped me see things differently. whatever you do, love that sweater, love the person who made it, love the person wearing it, and love the man who married her! :)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I think it looks great, you did a wonderful job on it. I'm sorry you don't feel better in it, it really is a nice color on you.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Your Tubey is so flattering, I really like it. Maybe it will grow on you cause it really does look good. Anyways, just wanted to give my compliments :-)

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the color and I think it looks very nice.

BTW: Post-wedding weight is the curse of a happy marriage!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Rita said...

Jen! Well done! It looks great!
And don't worry, the weight DOES come off. Been there, done that.
Miss knitting with you at B&N....

Rita

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're too self-conscious. you know as well as I do, that what you think is awful, it very much the opposite. with that, Tubey looks very good on you, and you will never be 'fat and lumpy'. Not possible. Ever.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing the Tubey. Don't worry about the weight - as long as you stay happy and healthy, the extra pounds will come off. I think lots of us ex-brides have been there before!

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home