Monday, April 10, 2006

My Excellent Harlot Adventure

On Friday after work, I met Lori at Starbucks where she surprised me with some wonderful gifts from her recent trip to Portland and San Francisco. She gave me some lovely arts and crafts-style bookplates from the de Young Museum in San Francisco and this:

I want to stare at this all day long

She knows I covet the Koigu, and there's a shop in Portland called Knit-Purl that has so many pretty colorways in stock. What a wonderful friend!

We left Starbucks and walked to Knit One, which was already jam-packed with people waiting to see the Yarn Harlot. Lori and I found some seats in the front windows and before long, the Harlot herself came out. While we couldn't really see her unless we ducked around and peered through a display, she did not disappoint. She's just as witty and funny in person as she is on her blog, and it is nice to now be able to put a voice with a face.

In addition to seeing Stephanie, I also got to see/meet some local bloggers. I met Yvonne for the first time:

asking Stephanie a question

and I saw Jane:

so happy, that girl

After Stephanie spoke, a line formed for her to sign books. My sock and Lori's newly purchased Cotton Glace surveyed the line (which you really can't see in this photo, but it was mighty long):

oh, it's long.

But it was late, and my stomach was growling fiercely, so I decided to forego having my book signed, and Lori and I went to dinner, which was excellent. Here's the closest I got to the Harlot, while on the way out the door:

lots of book signing going on

All in all, it was a most excellent diversion for a Friday night, as I am usually asleep by 9pm most Fridays (I know I'm sad). Viva la Harlot!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too kind, and I like the harlot tribute by "posing" the koigu in the shrubbery.

Good times Friday night. Thank you for a fun outing, dude!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Sorry I missed it -- it looks like it was a great time!

And how nice is Lori? Anyone who gives me Koigu is on my Good Egg List.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

yay! I met you in person!! Yay! It was so nice to meet you!!! You're like the Pittsburgh version of TYH. Nice giftie from Lori, by the way!!

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a fun evening, although, had I not had an early number on my ticket, I don't think I would have stayed for the signing either. And of course, I managed to sound like an idiot when I spoke to her. Being surrounded by so many people does that to me :)

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home