Sunday, April 16, 2006

Surprise knit!

excuse that look on my face

Pattern: Anthropologie-inspired Capelet by Julsey at Peony Knits
Yarn: JoAnn's Sensations Dolcetto, just over 2 balls
Mods: Not much. I made mine a little longer than the pattern called for.

Special thanks to amazing and prolific knitter Baigneuse for the inspiration for this one. I'd seen the pattern on Craftster some time ago and liked it, but it wasn't until I found Baigneuse's blog through the Tubey knitalong on Craftster and saw her version knit in Dolcetto that I decided to knit it. I have a ton of Dolcetto that I bought up when my local JoAnn's went out of business. This pattern is super quick and fun to knit. It's also very comfy - I wore it over a shift yesterday for an outing to one of our favorite restaurants, Point Brugge, and a visit to the Frick. Thanks to Julsey for a great pattern!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

So cute! Did you like the Dolcetto? I meant to go get some of it at JoAnn's before it closed but I never got back before it got to "super cheap" status.

9:48 PM  
Blogger LisaBe said...

i am so bummed that mine didn't come out that good, i don't think. i think mine might have been too small, though i was on gauge. :( yours is gorgeous! and i like it a little longer like that. what kind of button did you choose?

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lurvely! Very spring-alicious! It knitted up quite nicely.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Adorable! I have two balls of Dolcetto from the same JoAnn's -- unfortunately not the same color, so I'll have to make a trip to get more if I decide to use it.

12:30 PM  
Blogger luvs2knit said...

I love the capelet and the color!!! Just in time for spring!

1:40 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

How cute! Looks great.

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home