Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Not much knitting here, but lots of gardening.

So, I haven't gotten a lot of knitting done this week. Instead, Mark and I assembled a new chair that we bought for our front porch:

git off mah lawn.

We planted flowers in our back garden:

an homage to the Harlot

Potted our herbs & vegetable (basil, oregano, parsley and peppers), more potted flowers for the back (begonias) and some lovely geraniums for the front:

too bad this wasn't the Knit Picks

So, as you can see, I haven't gotten a lot of knitting done, but boy, would you look at those colors:

rainbow brite

I couldn't find a pattern that I liked for the Koigu socks, so I decided to write my own. This will be the first time that I have ever made up my own pattern for something that wasn't a scarf, so I am pretty excited to see if it will work or not. I'm using Kristin's sock tutorial as a guide for the ratios and when to decrease, etc., and it will be pretty simple - just ribs and cables - so hopefully even I can't mess that up! Stay tuned for progress...

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

That sock looks lovely -- I didn't think when I looked at the yarn the first time that it would stripe like that! I love the effect.

Good luck with the sock pattern writing! I've been thinking about doing the same thing myself lately, but won't tackle it until after Pomatomus #2 is done.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I love the stripes, very pretty!

We're going to be doing our planting this weekend. I have never been accused of having a green thumb, but I didn't kill TOO many plants last year...

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I can forsee many happy hours sitting there rocking and knitting! Great sock.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

Hey, I have a matching planter (okay, 2 matching planters) to your geranium planter on my front porch!!! COOL! The plants look awesome. I love the rocking chair, also!!

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, harlot-esque posing of the sock. Having seen the Diakeito in person, the colors are extremely beautiful knitted up.

You and SJ are becoming sock mavens.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really cool socks! Very brave to dive into writing a sock pattern. Good for you!

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home