Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I heart socks.

not my hairy legs

Pattern: Kristin's sock tutorial at www.cometosilver.com
Yarn: Knit Picks Sock Memories in Cape Cod
Mods: None.

So, Mark likes his socks. Mark says they are nifty. Mark says that they make his feet feel warm and slippery like a seal in autumn. Right.

Me, I just can't get enough socks. I've cast on for the next pair already with the Daikeito and am looking for a relatively easy and simple stitch pattern (no lace) to really show off the gorgeous Koigu that Lori gifted me with a few weeks back. I don't think that I am ready for the Pomatomus pattern, even though SJ says it's not that hard. Check out her stunning finished Pomatomus.

Thanks to Carrie and Holly for the NYC yarn store recommendations. I am definitely going to make the journey to School Products, since I've heard so many good things about it, but I am hoping to cram in as many shops as possible in the time that we have free.

To everyone going to Maryland Sheep and Wool this weekend, have a great time! I will be envying each and every one of you!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice socks. I'll be envying all those attenders myself. Oh well, maybe another year.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yay for socks! Mark is certainly very poetic about describing them!

I wonder if your Koigu might work well for some of those ribbed patterns toward the beginning of Knitting Vintage Socks...

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely model you've got there for the socks. Glad he was so pleased with them.

As for Maryland Sheep & Wool: *le sigh*.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

Hey Jen...there's a pattern in Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles that I think would work well for the koigu...they have a little openwork in them. They're actually something I'm thinking of tackling...lord help me.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Great socks! I have some of that same yarn. Now I know what it looks like knit up!

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! Wow, these socks are absolutely cool, they look totally soft and comfy - no wonder Mark likes them! Great work! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the new ones you've cast on - happy knitting!

12:25 PM  
Blogger jillz said...

The socks look great!

I've been meaning to email you to tell you that I think I saw you in the Strip about a month ago on a Saturday morning!

You were just walking down from where you parked and Matt & I were walking back to our car.

It was so strange because I knew that I knew you from somewhere and as I was passing you I realised it but I was too chicken to say something!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home