Wednesday, June 07, 2006

You say it's your birthday?

As of today, One Small Stitch for Mankind is two years old!

happy blogiversary to me...

Thank you to anyone out there who has been with me through my knitting misadventures! I'm certainly not all that interesting, but I spent a little time yesterday going through the old blog posts, and it's nice to see the progress I've made over time (my first socks, my first sweater!), and that's the reason that I started to blog in the first place - to have an outlet to chronicle my knitting. It's not much, but it's a lot to me! In honor of the blogiversary, I am having my first-ever contest. One comment of any that are posted to this entry between now and June 14 will be chosen at random to recieve a special knitting-related package from yours truly. It's my way of saying "thank you" to those of you who have managed to stay awake while reading my remedial and innane posts!

The yarn cakes featured above? That's three skeins of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Candy Apple that I have had for quite some time now:

no yarn was harmed in the shooting of the last picture

It's tried to be several things, but I've decided that its latest incarnation will be Green Gable. If the yarn requirements fit, knit it, right? Right. Wish me luck. I will need it to have the fortitude to finish another sweater.

In other news, Diakeito sock #1 is in the home stretch:

it's getting there...

Hope all of the Pittsburgh bloggers have a grand time at World Wide Knit in Public Day this Saturday. I am pretty bummed that I won't be able to join you guys, as I will be in Virginia for the weekend. However, wherever we are that day, I will knit in public.

10 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne said...

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY! I was so glad to meet you "for real" at the Yarn Harlot's appearance!!! :)

8:01 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Happy, happy blogiversary! You probably know by now that your blog prompted me to start one of my own, so thanks for that. It's been great getting to know you in the non-virtual world as well; I am up for yarn shopping any time you are!

8:24 AM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Yay - happy blogging and many more.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Heide said...

Blogging rocks almost as much as knitting. Congratulations on two years! Happy knitting.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yay, it's your blogging birthday! Congratulations on two years! I'm glad I found your blog, and thanks for inviting me to knit at B&N!

Also, putting candles on your yarn? You are much braver than I am.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Happy Blogiversary! Mine came and went and I didn't even think about it. Love the sock! I can't go on Saturday to Point Park either. I'll be in Annapolis. I really wanted to go!

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary! Isn't it fun to see the progress we make.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd Blogiversary! Have many more happy ones!

5:44 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

happy happy bloggiversary! and i keep meaning to thank you for the pittsburgh yarn store sale suggestion a few weeks back. it wasn't open on mondays, so i missed it. darn!

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary! I am so glad I ran across your blog in the past several months. I have enjoyed catching up on your work through archives - you sure have come a long way! Thanks for sharing!

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home