Sunday, June 18, 2006

And the winner is...

Hopefully some of you have been waiting with baited breath to find out who the winner of my first-ever blog contest is.

Here are the names in the bowl, ready to be drawn from:
that's a helmet bowl from Campbell Pottery

My lovely assistant draws a slip of paper from the bowl:
lovely, isn't he?

And the winner is...
yay!

Holly (hollyboc), please email me at jennylrae(at)juno(dot)com with a mailing address to receive your prize! Seriously, thank you to all of you who commented, and to any of you who read the blog. It's nice to know that I am not just talking to myself (well, here, anyway).

Last weekend, Mark and I went to Middleburg and Leesburg, Virginia. While we were there, I persuaded him to check out a knitting shop in Middleburg called Hunt Country Yarns:
check out the cute sheep in the front

This was a small, yet jam-packed store that I enjoyed visiting. While I was there, I picked up some more Diakeito Diamusse Fine to add to the sock yarn stash:
Mark chose the color

and some absolutely luscious Manos del Uruguay for a hat sometime in the future:
yum.

Diakeito sock #1 is now finished, save for stitching up the toe. And Green Gable? That progress shot can be seen in the previous post. That's right, I haven't started it yet. Yet.

4 Comments:

Blogger LisaBe said...

i LOVE hunt country yarns! i planned a girls' weekend getaway to briar patch bed and breakfast in middleburg (a fabulous place to stay) a couple of years ago, and friends from richmond, the research triangle park area in north carolina, dc, and two of us from pittsburgh all converged on the b&b for a wonderful weekend. i couldn't help spending a bit of time (and money) in hcy. looks like you found some lovely stuff there! i'm so jealous! makes me want to visit again. and yay holly (my pampered pal 2005)!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

I LOVE that Manos! I have that exact colorway!!! It is going to be a Moebius felted basket.

Yay to Holly!!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Sluuuurp! Sorry, I was drooling over that Manos!

Now, where can I get me one of those adorable sheep they had outside the store?

2:58 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Yippee!!!!! Thanks a bunch. I never win anything. Could be my luck is changing. Ok...off to buy lottery tickets!!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home