Monday, June 26, 2006

It's Michael Chabon's fault that I am not getting more knitting accomplished.

Because of this book:

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay

I am enjoying it so much that all I want to do in my free time is to read it. And I don't have a whole lot of free time, so there's been a definite lack of knitting around these parts. However, as you can see in the photo above, I did manage to start Green Gable. I know that's not the yarn that I said I was going to make it in, but, well, I was just not feeling that red yarn, you know? I'm such a compulsive yarn buyer, that when Mark suggested that we run some errands in Monroeville over the weekend, I just had to go to Bonnie's and get some new yarn for Green, er, Blue Gable. I know my whole rationale for knitting GG was that I already had the yarn, but I'm not sure that red yarn is meant to be anything at this point! I think it's cursed! (I think I just like to buy new yarn.)

Moving on. Jenn, I figured out how to do the twisted German cast-on. It was like a light went on in my head, and all of a sudden, it made sense! Anyway, I am here to tell you that this is a fantastic cast-on. It looks much more finished than a regular long-tail cast-on, and I know that I will be using it in the future on many more knits.

Holly, I haven't forgotten about you - your package is on the way!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I'm glad you figured it out! I came home and looked in my gigantic Vogue book and it didn't mention twisted German cast-on at all.

I love that shade of blue, is that more Cotton Fleece?

I was going to ask you how Friday went, but I didn't want to be responsible for any jinxing, so we'll pretend I didn't ask. ;)

11:22 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

i'm looking for a new book, and that's certainly a rousing endorsement! love the color for green gable.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Okay, I guess I should stop picking that book up over and over again and finally buy it. I've read Wonder Boys and The Mysteries of Pittsburgh, so I guess it's time for another Michael Chabon.

Will you be teaching us your new cast on method at our next knitting night?

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home