Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Beadazzled!

So, my Green Gable modifications went surprisingly well. I inserted a lifeline just before the waist shaping, ripped back to it, then re-knit it with a ssk and k2tog combo instead of just k2tog (which looked weird and lumpy). I also spaced out the decreases a little further apart, and that helped as well. No progress shot, because it looks exactly like the one in the last post. Except the sides look better.

Infant sock #1 is now finished and I am on the gusset of sock #2. And still no baby. SJ mentioned that it might be that I have the Harlot's baby knitting ability. Hopefully the baby will come before I finish her socks, because we all know how slow of a knitter I am.

The monthly SnB was tonight at the Waterworks Barnes and Noble, and we are seeking new recruits. Our group has dwindled to three. But we are fun!! See how much fun we have?!?

beadazzled!

Props go to the girls in the background of this photo for having the coolest beadazzled hat and short short shorts. Also, there are many rich and colorful characters that you get to see!! Like the guy that was talking on his cellphone SO LOUD, and this guy:

40 guy

So, pretty please, won't you join us next month?!?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

You realize that the first month I came, there were 4 people and now we are down to 3. Is it me? I didn't think that I smelled bad, but maybe I do!

At least I wasn't carrying a balloon or a fish in a bag.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Omg, love the photoshopping action there. That was way too much fun last night. See what people are missing? It's not every day you get to see shorts thatshort.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, i totally spaced on knitting and actually remembered on thurs.

oh well, hopefully i can strengthen the numbers by 1 next month.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog on the pittsburgh knitters site. My mother lives near Waterworks (I'm at school in WV), but next time I am home I will join you all!

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home