Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Loving it.

green gable

Okay, so maybe not the most flattering photo, but I am really loving Green Gable so far. I just hope that the body fits as well as the top fits right now. Also, I am loving the Cotton Fleece again. I loathe cotton yarns, but this one has just enough precious wool to make it enjoyable, let alone bearable. Hopefully it doesn't stretch too much after washing, unless, of course, the body is too tight, then stretching would be good.

Here's what else I am up to:

yay

Even though I do not normally wear a lot of jewellry, I lately have been coveting chunky, colorful beaded necklaces. I've seen some in the stores made with cheap glass and poor construction, yet selling for exorbitant prices. So I got myself to Crystal Bead Bazaar in Lawrenceville, where the owner and a shop assistant/instructor were very kind and very patient with all of my questions. What a great shop! About $35 later, I left the shop with a sterling silver clasp, some adventurine beads and some stringing materials. In about an hour or so, I had a completed necklace. Instant gratification!

I look creepy

I can't wait to make more chunky necklaces. Maybe an orange colored one to go with Green Gable? Hmmm...

5 Comments:

Blogger DDancer said...

Welcome to the bead side of the Force, Jen. hee hee hee

Also check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OCBPA/

Aren't I evil?

7:32 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Green Gable is looking lovely -- love that color for it!

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oohhh! An orange necklace would go great with your blue Green Gable! Love the beads!

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome, awesome, awesome all around. some orange carnelian or orange-ish opaque amber would be gorgeous with that color.

9:05 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

love the color of your green gable -- very rich and summery. and you're a jewelry maker! i like the idea of orange beads -- have one like that for myself that really brightens up an outfit.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home