Thursday, August 31, 2006

An idea.

Here's what is going on around these parts:

The husband is enjoying a new hat:
markhat

The second of the Koigu traveling socks is doing some sort of very weird pooling/striping thing:
bleh - the beauty of handpaints

So. Here's the idea. A local knitter has read my blog posts about 40 guy and has made a suggestion. She thinks I should knit him a 40 cosy. She has even suggested a pattern. But here's the thing. I think that 40 guy might be just a little crazy, and I am not sure that I would be comfortable presenting him with a gift, and thus, initiating conversation. After all, this is a person that deems it entirely acceptable (and presumably normal) to BYOB to the Barnes and Noble Cafe. Thoughts?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I don't think that I would actually present it to him because 1) I'm a sissy and 2) he would know that we've been looking in his bag while he's wandering around the store. But! How funny would it be just to make it and know that the possibility of presenting it to him exists?

8:17 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I agree with Jenn, too scary to actually present it to him. But here's my idea: all of us in our regular group knit 40 cosies for ourselves, then just have them sitting on the table (over 40s, of course!) for when he makes his usual visit to the B&N cafe. What do you think, girls?

8:19 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

now, i know crazy people. i write about them all the time. and seeing as i don't want you to be in the newspaper, i'd like to encourage you NOT to give it to him. but i say knitting it for symbolic reasons would be fun!

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's like not making eye contact with the crazy person on the bus. don't do it.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I agree with everyone else, but I like SJ's suggestion for you all.

Oh and I love that Koigo sock the way it's pooling.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home