Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Seriously.

Didn't I say last month that we are fun? Tonight was the Barnes & Noble knit night. What fun stuff was there this week? Well, there was a guy walking a pig:

pigman

and 40 guy was back! First, he set the 40 down at one table while he browsed the books:

lonely 40

Then he moved the 40 before going off to browse some more:

still lonely

One of us (not me) was brave enough to peek in the top of the bag to learn what 40 guy's favorite brand was, and it would seem that he favors Hurricane. Clearly, a man of refined taste.

Also, we made a new friend. Marsha (sorry if I have the spelling wrong!), who is a knitter, joined us for some lovely conversation. We hope you'll join us again, Marsha, and bring your current shawl-in-progress for us to ooh and aah over.

See! We are FUN!!! Come join us next month, won't you?

Other than that, here's what I've got going on:

wips

Clockwise, from top right: Cashmerino Aran that is on its way to being Fetching, a new Noro hat for Mark, and Koigu traveling sock #1. Thanks for all of your nice comments to my last post about Green Gable, you all are so sweet!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I just looked up Hurricane and emailed you and SJ about it. At least now we can make fun of him truthfully, right? Right. Come for the knitting, stay for the snark!

11:34 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Okay, the funniest thing about the guy walking the pig? I got home last night and told J about it, and he shoots right back with, "Oh, my mom knows a guy who has a pig and he lives around there!"

Thanks for doing the research on the beverage, girls!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Cheryl:) said...

I never realized that B&N was BYOB!! Learn something new every day!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See what I miss?!? Darned kitchen cabinets.

I think I know what beverage I'll be picking up for my weekend though. Mmmm, Hurricane....

Love the color of the Cashmerino Aran, btw.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home