Sunday, October 08, 2006

Back to the grind.

We're back from the Finger Lakes, and our trip was amazing. We had perfect weather, the wineries were great, we saw some gorgeous waterfalls, and our inn exceeded my wildest expectations. Mark was kind enough to take a photo of me modeling my new socks along the shore of Cayuga Lake:



So, Mark and I have been to the Finger Lakes several times, but I never knew that Interlaken, NY, in the heart of the Finger Lakes, was the home of Schaefer Yarn. We've probably driven past it a dozen times. As we were driving through one of the lake towns, I spotted a yarn shop called Finger Lakes Fibers. Mark was good enough to indulge me so that I could check it out:



The shop owner had labeled all of the local fiber and yarn as such, and I spotted the mass quantities of Schaefer Yarns with the local tags:



I had a nice chat with the owner about the yarns, and left with a pretty little skein of Anne that caught my eye as soon as we walked in:



Other than that, I am just tickled pink that it is finally autumn. I look forward to these few months all year long. Knitting-wise, the only thing that I have going at the moment is (another) Noro hat. I'm still plotting my next project, but the odds are currently in Anne's favor. Mark and I will be traveling again over the upcoming weekend—to a friend's wedding in New Haven, CT, so I am going to need to have some good car knitting on the needles for that long drive!

4 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

the socks look lovely -- and you must have had such a nice trip. i need a long weekend too...

9:38 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That Koigu looks so lovely on your feet!

Sounds like you had a great time. I just love how the biggest word on the sign for the knitting store is YARN -- almost as if they're marketing toward nearsighted people like me who need to be able to see a yarn store from a mile away!

11:32 AM  
Blogger firefly said...

My husband and I are headed down to the Finger Lakes at the end of the month, and will stay at Belhurst Castle ... (it's our six month anniversary by coincidence when we're there). I hope I spot some local yarn while we're there!

Your blog was a pleasure to read.

~firefly
http://scrumptiousliving.wordpress.com

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are great, I like the colors alot.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home