Monday, June 11, 2007

Long time, no see.

We are back from the UK, which makes me very sad indeed. Though I packed yarn enough for two pairs of socks, I hardly knit at all! I had every good intention of coming back with at least one finished sock, but by the end of our days on vacation, I was so exhausted that I fell asleep straight away, or after reading a bit. Though I did not knit much, I did manage to finish a couple of good books.

However, I did bring back photographic evidence that I did knit a little. Here I am knitting in the train station in York, England:



And on the train ride to Keswick, England:



Where they had lots of these:





And where I knit in a sheep pasture, with the sheep, along Derwentwater:



We had a fabulous time, though I must say that I am having a difficult time getting back into the swing of things here at home. I'm back at work, of course, and we're slowly getting the house back in order, and ready for summer. I am looking forward to getting back into the knitting swing of things next week when the Hurricane Knitters meet at Barnes & Noble!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I'm looking forward to seeing all of your pictures, once you manage to get them organized!

I love those sweet little sheep. How did you resist bringing one home with you?

8:30 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

How awesome would it have been if you brought home a sheep! VERY. I can't wait to see pictures!

8:43 PM  
Blogger marirob said...

Welcome back! I loved Keswick, I hoped you enjoyed it too. Please post some photos and highlights of your trip!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Great photos. Your camera must be awesome. I HAVE to get a better camera! I always have good intentions to knit on vacation too, but I never do.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Terri Lynn said...

Hi Jen,
I find your blog very refeshing, the new photos are grand! So you had some pooling witht the jitterbug? I have some of the same color and was wondering how it would do up! Now I know. Again, I especially love the sheep photos.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home