Sunday, July 15, 2007

Voilà!







Pattern: Dream in Color Shrug
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy, "deep sea flower" colorway, 2 skeins
Mods: My finished shrug was about 6 inches longer than the pattern called for (some of that length is probably due to the fact that I did not block it before seaming), so I seamed the arms about 3 inches further than the pattern called for, trying it on as I went.

I haven't actually finished anything in a long time (or been in the mood to knit), so it felt really good to complete this shrug. It was a very easy knit once I got more comfortable with the lace. Who knows, maybe a lace shawl is in my future, after all! The yarn is fantastic, and I am definitely planning to check out the fingering weight version for some socks.

Fresh off my finishing high, I picked up the traveling sock again and actually knit at lunch for the first time in a long time:



This Wednesday, the sock and I will travel to Barnes & Noble at the Waterworks (7-10 p.m.) for some quality knitting time with 40 guy. Jenn made us an excellent button so that we could all represent on our blogs:



Won't you join us?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

That looks fabulous on you!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Agreed -- the color is great and the lace is spectacular!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Jolly Good!

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it!

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home