Sunday, September 30, 2007

I can stop any time I want...

finished!

Pattern: Lady Eleanor, by Kathleen Power Johnson (Scarf Style)
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden, colorway 203, 12 full balls and a little bit of a 13th ball
Mods: Knit to a longer length than called for in the pattern (approx. 95 inches long), did not work crocheted edge, did not fringe

I love, love, love this stole. I just never got tired of the pattern, and I never got tired of the yarn or the colorway. I had originally intended to work the crocheted edge but leave off the fringe, but after I washed and dried it, I decided that it didn't need the crocheted edge either. I didn't stretch it to block it, just laid it flat, smoothed it out and left it to dry. The post-wash fabric has a wonderful drape and is so soft.

the purl side



I finished Lady E in time to wear her yesterday, when Mark and I took a little road trip to one of our favorite local wineries to celebrate our anniversary (10/01):



Since we were so close, Mark suggested that we make a stop at Kathy Zimmerman's shop — Kathy's Kreations — in Ligonier. As an anniversary gift, he bought me a copy of The Opinionated Knitter, a skein of Colinette Jitterbug and some dpn point protectors that I'd been meaning to pick up. I'm a lucky girl!

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger paisley penguin said...

OMG, your lady E looks great! Congratulations on finishing her and happy anniversary!

5:06 PM  
Blogger knittin gin said...

I'm an entrelac junkie so I may be biased, but that is just beautiful!

6:17 PM  
Blogger cosymakes said...

fabulous job! it was fun watching your progress.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

It's perfect! So what are you going to work on next?

Happy Anniversary!

7:55 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

What a weekend! Kudos to your photographer. Well done with ALL the shots! I'm still socking away. See you Wednesday! What the heck will you be working on? :)

8:19 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

That is gorgeous. I have made the Turtleneck Shrug from that book when I borrowed it from someone, but now I think I want to buy the book!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, "she" is stunning! For a while there I thought you were actually going to keep going and going! I'm glad you're happy with the final result.

And happy anniversary!

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea! it's long enough! Beautiful!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Happy Anniversary!

Lady E is just beyond words! So beautiful!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Oh my your wrap is so lovely. Now I am even more excited to start mine.

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me that is not a Steeler baseball cap that YOU are wearing at Zimmerman's????

7:24 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Ha! Me, a Steeler cap? No, it's a Theakston's brewery cap. :)

9:34 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

ack! i love zimmerman's! actually, mom and i always go there and i never buy anything. but i like it anyways.

happy anniversary! and happy finishing lady eleanor! she's a beaut.

8:11 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Your Lady E is so gorgeous! I love the length. When I eventually make one, I may have to just keep on keepin' on as well.

7:35 AM  
Blogger luvs2knit said...

Jen,
Eleanor looks amazing!!! It look wonderful on you and I love the colorway!!!!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Terri Lynn said...

Beautiful! I love your choice of yarn! Nice work!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Jaime Lynn said...

Love your blog. Beautiful work. Next time you are out in Ligonier call me. Love to catch up.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home