Sunday, October 07, 2007

What to do now?

I worked on Lady Eleanor for so long that I wasn't quite sure what to do when she was finished! Luckily, some friends of ours had a baby boy just a month ago, so I stitched these up to send to them:



I always forget how great baby socks are to knit. They are so quick (even for me!), and they are absolutely precious. This pair was knit up using my regular recipe with 40 sts cast on. The yarn is leftover Claudia's Hand Painted in the "walk in the woods" colorway.

With the socks finished, it was time to start in earnest on the Forest Canopy Shawl. I cast on and completed the set up rows last Wednesday with no problem, then made the mistake of taking it with me to last week's Hurricane Knitters. I was chatting away as I worked on the first pattern repeat and, of course, screwed up right away. Since I wasn't very far along, I ripped out the whole thing today and restarted:

excuse my flash

I thought it wise to use lifelines as I knit this one. It's probably overkill to use them after every pattern repeat (as you can see here), but this is me we're talking about. So far, so good, although I needed silence to work on this today. I hope that, in time, I will actually be able to watch television while I knit this, but so far, it doesn't seem likely!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger DPUTiger said...

The baby socks look great, and it looks like you've gotten a bunch of work done on forest canopy! I just think that your Claudia Handpaints yarn was so close to Lady E. that someone at the other end of the table thought you were still on the stole! :)

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, those socks are so cute! We must be on te same wavelength with the FCS because I had to rip out and reknit. I think that you'll be able to work on it while watching TV, once you've done a few repeats. Really.

:)

3:42 PM  
Blogger paisley penguin said...

The socks are so cute! I know what you mean about ripping out. I did it again on Lady E. I need to concentrate too much and have been watching TV. Until I get the hang of her I need quiet.

Ciao!

1:21 AM  
Blogger ren said...

aw, these socks are so lovely!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Those socks are so precious! I fully intend to knit baby socks with all my leftovers, one of these days.

You know I like to live on the edge when knitting lace and I almost never bring lace to knit night -- so that should tell you something. ;-) Give it your full attention and it'll be fab!

10:04 PM  
Blogger paisley penguin said...

Love the socks. They are so cute! I can't wait until my sister get's pregnant again so I can knit some tiny baby stuff!

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was me (I think)! I suggested a photo with the other ladeez working w/ similar yarn colors, tuck in behind Jen and make like they were knitting from Lady E itself.

:o)

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home