Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Spritzin' and teasin'.

Mark and I traveled to Long Island for a good friend's wedding this past weekend, and I kept thinking of a movie or television line that had lodged itself in the recesses of my brain — spritzin' and teasin'. I can't for the life of me figure out where that is from, though, and it's killing me. A Google search didn't turn up anything, and if you can tell me what on earth that is from, you win my undying gratitude.

Anyway, on to the knitting, not that there's much to get on with. I started a new traveling sock as we waited for our flight from Pittsburgh to JFK:



As you can see, I didn't get too far. Damn your free television, jetBlue. I drove from JFK to Long Island, and once we got there, we were on the go the entire time since Mark was the best man at the wedding. We had a lot of time to kill on Sunday before our return flight, but I may have maybe had a slight the worst hangover of my life. Damn those three good post-reception martinis. In any case, it was a great time, even if Mark wouldn't let me make a slight detour to East Hampton to stalk the Barefoot Contessa.

The Forest Canopy Shawl is close to complete. I just need to work two more rows of the edging, then bind off. It's been a little neglected, but I hope to finish it tonight and block it in the next couple of days. Thanksgiving is at my house, and we have a couple of committments with friends who are coming in to town for the weekend, so cross your fingers for me to finish it!

Edited to add: My undying gratitude goes to Lori, who reminded me that, in fact, the phrase "spritzin' and teasin'" was repeated to me by her, having been said by her former roommate, who is hilarious and should obviously write for television or movies.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Did you get to drive on the Long Island Expressway? Tom's brother lives on Long Island and when we were there for his wedding, oh my God, I thought we were going to die, those L.I.E. drivers make the drivers in Pittsburgh look Amish.

9:13 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

I can handle enough alcohol to make me happy/buzzed pretty good, but anything that actually makes me drunk lines me up for about 36 hours of misery. It's not worth it. This is why I've never worried about my (extended) family's proclivity for alcoholism.

Sorry I'll miss you tomorrow for the PeppermintMochaFest. Have fun without me! :)

11:17 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

He wouldn't let you stalk Ina Garten? Next time you go up to LI, give me a call -- I will happily stalk her with you.

We will do our best to make sure you finish your shawl tonight, even if it means completely ignoring you so that we don't distract you. ;-)

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah dude-
That was a quote from then roommate (guess who!?) back in the day.

In L.I., the S.A.T. stands for Spritin' And Teasin'!

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

spank rock lyrics - bump

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home