Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Neglecting the blog.

Thanks to some hardcore (for us, anyway) DIY re-landscaping that has sucked away our lives for the past few weekends, I have very little knitting to show. But there is this:



I know what you may be thinking, but I wasn't skinning Muppets while I was away from the blog. This is a chemo cap for a friend of a friend of a friend, knit using this pattern in Plymouth Furlauro. I have now filled my quota for knitting with novelty yarns for, oh, the rest of my life. I love the concept of a "hair" chemo cap, but this stuff is seriously a nightmare to work with.

I've worked a row here and there on the FCS as time allows, and am on my 13th repeat of the pattern, which I think will be my last. I'll spare you yet another photo of the big black blob since it looks exactly like the last photo.

I also picked up Wicked tonight and worked a couple of rows. The cables are looking a little wonky to me at this point. Hopefully they will look a little better once there is a little extra length to this section.



Hope to see you Pittsburgh knitters tomorrow at the Waterworks Barnes & Noble for Hurricane Knitters at 7 p.m. My big black blob and I will save a seat for you.

On a parting note, I wanted to share an email that I received a couple of weeks ago from a local knitter named Chelsea, who is knitting for a great cause:

hey, my name is chelsea, and i'm working with a few other local knitters and crocheters to gather scarves for womansplace domestic violence shelter in mckeesport (http://womansplace.org). i know this is a busy time of year, especially craft wise, so not everyone has time to make a scarf to donate (although if you can make time in the next few weeks, we can always use more scarves of course!), but i am hoping that you'd possibly make a blog post, or even just link to our blog for the project, to continue spreading the word a bit. the holidays are coming up quickly, and we're hoping to still get a few more donations from anyone interested, in addition to the knitting we're still doing. this is just a last-minute kind of email to help involve anyone else in the community who might be interested.

if you do want to exchange blog links, or get involved, just email me to let me know that you've linked to us. the knit locally blog is here: http://knitlocally.blogspot.com. i'll be more than happy to link back to you if you want. info is on the blog in case you do want to make a donation of a handmade scarf or supplies, but even just spreading the word is a huge help.

thanks,
chelsea

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger DPUTiger said...

Hey, at least your landscaping got done. We're still waiting. Ugh. No clue what I'm bringing tomorrow night, but I'm really looking forward to it!

11:51 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

One of the benefits of having no front yard is a distinct lack of a need to landscape, at least at this time of year. ;-)

See you tonight -- I'll be wearing my CPH!

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go, girl! I'm excited that you have done so many repeats on the FCS. I wish I had done more, but when I make the next one (there will be another one) I'll do more then. I really like mine (am wearing it today, as a matter of fact).

Have fun with the Hurricanes tonight. I'll be with the Crankies. :)

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home