Friday, January 11, 2008

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

Ahhh. It's Friday night, I have a snoozing dog next to me, and best of all, I am blogging from bed. I've wanted a laptop for a very long time, and about a week ago, I went ahead and ordered one from Dell. I set up the wireless router tonight and now I am happily typing away as I watch Pride and Prejudice (in preparation for this!). I haven't had a chance to really sit down to set up and explore the computer yet, but I have found a use for the built-in webcam that I thought that I would never have a use for:



I can take pictures and video of myself knitting! From bed!

Hopefully now I can more easily steal a couple of moments here and there to keep up to date on all of those knitting blogs that I've recently fallen behind in reading. Yay!

I have been doing a very little bit of spinning as well:

IMG_8632

My singles are getting better but are still pretty uneven. I have the wheel set up for double drive right now but if I can figure it out, I intend to set it up for Scotch tension tomorrow and give the whole thing another go.

Now, off to catch up on some blogs!

6 Comments:

Blogger DPUTiger said...

Ooh, I like the colors of the yarn you're spinning! Glad you like your laptop. I also have a built-in webcam on my Mac ... if we get ambitious, we can video conference each other! :)

1:36 AM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Wish I could edit comments :( I meant to also say that you'd better be watching the Colin Firth P&P ... and thanks for the heads-up on this series! The TiVo will be set to record while I'm in Mississippi!

1:38 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hooray for a new computer! Even though I usually keep my laptop plugged in on the third floor, I love that I can bring it down to bed when a certain someone is insisting I stay in bed with him.

I'm looking forward to seeing the wheel in person tonight. I actually dreamt about spinning last night, so I think I'll be getting my spindle out today.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I heart laptops! Here is what is really sad: we have 3 computers, but on the weekends, Tom brings home his work laptop so that we can each use one.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you watch Persuasion last night? I luuuurve Capt. Wentworth!

(Darn my silly romantic tendancies....)

The spinning is coming along quite nicely!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

I need to set up my wireless router! Of course, my laptop took a dive this weekend, so until I have a new hard drive, I'm SOL. :(

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home