Tuesday, August 05, 2008

More wee things for the clothesline.



Pattern: hats - Hareton by Jane Ellison (from Simply Noro) [Ravelry link]; socks - regular sock recipe with 40 stitches cast on
Yarn: hers - Koigu KPPPM (lost the ballband, so I'm not sure of the colorway); his - Claudia Hand Painted Yarns Fingering (Blue Terra Cotta)

The hats and socks coordinate with the sweaters nicely:





And, Yvonne, the hats fit the grapefruits:



I was hoping that by the time I finished the hats and socks, I could start on the Shetland Triangle, but my books have still not arrived from the Interweave Hurt Book Sale. They said to allow up to four weeks to receive the books, and my credit card was just charged on August 1, so it looks like I may be waiting another week at least, depending on how they're shipping the orders. Grr.

While I am waiting on the books, I will be keeping myself busy finishing up some singles that have been sitting on the wheel since January or February:



I haven't spun since then, and I hope I can remember how!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I love the clothesline photos, so cute!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Dare I say the mojo has returned?

The shot with the hats on the grapefruits is priceless!

I am happy to lend you my book tomorrow, if you want to cast on right away. I already enlarged the charts, so I won't need the book.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Sherral said...

Super cute!!

5:32 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Lookin' good, my friend! See you tomorrow! :)

5:33 PM  
Blogger Krissy said...

Thank you for the links! Those were VERY helpful! I am going to show them to my husband for sure!

Thanks for reading along...I hope your pregnancy is going very well! Are you delivering at Magee? The sweaters and hats are absolutely wonderful. I made my kids croched blankets while I waited for their arrival, but they aren't very well made. You have quite a talent!

10:33 PM  
Blogger hairycarrot said...

Those are great little sets. The color balance is very pleasing. Your kids will be very cute.
If you get sick of spinning, I'd be happy to do some for you!

12:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the his and hers sets! The colors look great together. - Amy

9:36 AM  
Blogger paisley penguin said...

So very cute. Love the grapefruit photos!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home