Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fastest shawl ever? Not so much this time.

I've made it through only ten repeats of the chart that makes up the main body of the Swallowtail Shawl:



Though the repeats in this chart are shorter than in the Shetland Triangle's main chart (and it's a very easy pattern), I am having a difficult time getting into the groove of this one, and I find myself making lots of mistakes that I have to tink back to fix. The pattern calls for 14 repeats of this chart before moving on to the next one, but I plan to complete five extra repeats for a total of 19 - as many Ravelers have done - for a larger shawl.

Per SJ's recommendation, I've ordered a chart keeper from KnitPicks, and when it arrives, it will hopefully help me keep my rows straight and save me from making so many mistakes. I'm looking forward to knitting those nupps with a sick fascination, so I can't wait to start on the next chart!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sherral said...

Please post about how you like the chart keeper. I've been thinking about getting one, but I always just buy more yarn instead!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

This one may not be as fast, but you're working with much smaller yarn! It is looking great so far.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

So I'm commenting away and my computer goes kerblooey. Shucks.

I love the shawl. It looks nice.

You will love the chart keeper...I love mine!!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home