Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Cutest. Sweater. Ever.

I probably say that all baby sweaters are the cutest sweaters ever, but I seriously mean it this time:





Pattern: Baby Sweater on Two Needles (February) by Elizabeth Zimmermann [Ravelry link]
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Superwash Sport in Cinnamon Twist (SWS197), purchased at Natural Stitches; buttons purchased at Yarns By Design
Mods: Used kf&b to increase in yoke (k1, kf&b, repeat across) instead of EZ’s suggested M1 to avoid holes; worked only two buttonholes; knit sleeves in the round instead of flat, after completing the body; worked decreases for sleeves similar to bottom of body (about every seven sts)
Recipient: Baby A

Despite my trepidation over attempting an EZ pattern for the first time, I enjoyed this one so much that I headed back to Natural Stitches yesterday to pick up some more yarn to make a second February Sweater for Baby B:



For this one, I'll continue the garter section a little further than the pattern calls for, then knit the remainder of the body and sleeves in stockinette rather than the gull lace pattern. I think I'll also work buttonholes for the entire length of the sweater.

I'll probably be continuing to neglect Swallowtail until this sweater is finished. We're not sure if the twins will make an early appearance or not, but I'd like to have the second sweater finished before they arrive, since I know that my knitting time will be drastically reduced when they do. It's hard to believe that I "officially" have less than two months left to go until my due date!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

They'll be here before you know it!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Sherral said...

Yes, that is the cutest sweater ever! 2 months?? You're on the count down then. Good luck!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Gorgeous! And you were right, the buttons do make it!

I think the plain version is going to look very nice -- almost like a kid-sized cardiganized Cobblestone!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

I love the sweater! The buttons are too cute. I can't believe it's down to 2 months already - didn't you just tell us you were expecting??!

4:02 PM  
Blogger amy said...

Beautiful! I love the color. Your due date must be close to mine. :-)

Before I knew if I was having a boy or girl, I tried a February Baby Sweater that would be boy worthy, just because I wanted to. I used a basketweave--it's here, if you want to take a look.

I also have the girly one, in a blue yarn. You're right, the pattern is a bit addictive. Have fun!

5:14 PM  
Blogger amy said...

Ok, I don't know why that link isn't working. Here's the long cut-and-paste version:

http://live-learn-knit.blogspot.com/2008/05/wip-friday-and-tick-central.html

5:14 PM  
Blogger paisley penguin said...

Love the color. Really cool you are using such great colors for your babies! I have nothing against baby pink and blue but it's so refreshing to see these colors and babies do respond to bright colors.

9:31 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

OK, so I'm never going to knit the February Lady Sweater, but I know I have baby knitting in my immediate future, and I will definitely knit this for a girl. I think I have a BSJ in my future as well. I haven't jumped in to the EZ thing yet. Perhaps it's about time! :)

Sweater looks awesome, by the way. I can't way to see what you do for Baby B!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home