Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Since I have no knitting news...

Grooming Products
shampoo: Pantene- the extra, extra moisturizing kind since I have dry hair
moisturizer: Clinique
cologne: "W" from Banana Republic- it's a really clean, subtle scent. I take surreptitious sniffs of my wrists all day while wearing it.
razor: Bic, I think- I've been using the same brand of razor since I started shaving my legs around age 12, but I can't remember for sure which one. That's so sad.
toothpaste: Crest Extra Whitening- again, a creature of habit. I've never bought a different brand of toothpaste.
Electronics
cell phone: Nokia
computer: An HP something or other
television: Three televisions, all Sonys. I could care less but my dear fiance is an audio/visual geek and swears by Sony.
stereo: I couldn't live without my shower radio to listen to NPR in the morning. We have others in the house, but of course I don't know how to work them as they are unnecessarily complicated (see: audio/visual geek).
Home
sheets: I like anything with a 250 thread count or more in white. Sometimes ivory if I'm feeling adventurous.
coffee maker: A lovely Krups
car: 2001 Nissan Altima- I normally rely on public transportation though. I hate to drive and wish Pgh. had a better system so I could ditch the car altogether.
stationery: Ooohhh, how I love good paper. When I can afford it, I am partial to Cranes.
Beverages
bottled water: Whatever is cheapest
coffee: Nicholas Coffee- roasted in Pgh. and so heavenly.
vodka: I hate vodka and am indifferent to most liquor except gin. My favorite gin is Bombay Sapphire, but I've been known to purchase Beefeater and Tanqueray also.
beer: Depends on my mood- I like local beers from the Penn Brewery and love Smithwick's, Boddington's, Newcastle, Tetley's and, of course, Yuengling.
wine: Fiance and I visit the New York State finger lakes region as often as possible and we have many favorite wineries there. I like anything that's bone dry, red or white, but prefer a good lemberger or dechaunac. Locally, we like the Stone Villa winery in Acme, PA and La Casa Narcisi in Gibsonia. Both are fantastic wineries with wonderful tasting rooms and should definitely be checked out if you are in Western PA.
Clothes
jeans: Low rise, boot cut jeans from the Gap. I could live in them.
tshirt: Favorite t from the Gap, both long and short sleeve. I could live in them.
briefcase or tote: I prefer not to carry a bag, but I carry a promotional messenger bag from my company to work and use an Old Navy bag when I need it. I have several purses that rarely see the light of day. I guess you could also count my knitting bags, both canvas, one large and one small, depending on what I am working on.
sneakers: Kangaroos, New Balance and some ratty old Adidas that I refuse to retire.
watch: I have a watch, and I think it is a Timex, but I don't wear it. I use my cellphone as a clock when I am out.
Favorite Places: Our cushy soft bed, home in general, the zoo, Living Treasures Animal Farm, any bookstore but particularly Caliban's, Bonnie Knits, The O, Dean's Diner, the Oakmont Bakery, the Carnegie Museums including the photobooth at the Andy Warhol museum, Schenley Park in the fall, Cape Cod in the fall. There are a lot more like that but I guess I'd be here forever listing them all.
Necessary Extravagances: Noro Kureyon, Addi Turbo needles (my only brand of choice), nice linens, fries from the O.

2 Comments:

Blogger luvs2knit said...

I live right near La Casa Narcisi and love the wine. The white Zifandale (sorry about spelling) is my favorite. However, my wine is a fine vintage. Hope you and the fiance are doing well. Hope to see you soon.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hi Jane! Sorry I missed you at the last meetup @ the Waterworks. The weather was nasty that day, so I am sure lots of people stayed away. I didn't realize you lived out near Narcisi- that's not too far away from us- a 15 minute drive, I think. What a great place to visit. In fact, I think I am overdue for a visit. Take care and hope to see you at knitting soon!

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home