Friday, September 24, 2004

Oh dear...

I finished the scarf I'd been working on- knitting a bit here and there. The only problem now is, I have really nothing else going on, knitting-wise. Eek! I guess I will pick up the bucket hat once again, as the weather is finally getting nice and cool enough for a felted wool hat. I am still struggling with the baby hat to match the baby cardigan but hope to have lots of knitting time this weekend to conquer it. Maybe I will even have the chance to cast on for the Woolspun turtleneck that I've been planning to make for about a year now. What I really need to do this weekend is some wedding planning stuff, which I view as an absolute chore. After almost 10 months, I finally got around to booking a location, and with a year to go before the wedding, I should really be looking at bands and photographers. But I don't want to. My advice to any brides out there- hire a wedding planner!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Wow, the scarf looks beyond amazing! Such a model, you are, having a great picture with a white background! (P.S. I LOVE The Shining!)

I also did not care for wedding planning when my DH and I got married last year. I really loathed it. I was excited to get married, but the actual wedding part didn't do it for me. Too many other people involved, and too much stress! I wish you the best of luck with your planning. If you're ever looking for inspiration, www.theknot.com has message boards and the brides there have oodles of unique and creative ideas.

P.S. I really like your middle name! How do you say it?

1:03 PM  
Blogger luvs2knit said...

I love the scarf!!!! and especially the reference about "The Shining" spooky!!!

How's the baby hat doing??

2:30 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thanks girls for your kind comments! Lisa- it's pronounced like "la-ray" but with the emphasis on the second syllable. Don't ask me how my parents dreamed this up- I have no idea! Jane- the baby hat is going slowly. Very slowly. But thanks for asking :) Mayflwr- thanks, I love the addis too- and how cute are you in your un-gigi! And I was a metals major with an art history minor in college too!

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home