Friday, September 10, 2004

Happy hat

Holy stripes! Here's my finished hat:

stripes make me happy!

And here's the pattern and yarn info, etc..

Again, I feel that I must reiterate that this yarn rocks. I've already bought a few skeins in a pretty blue colorway for a hat for the fiance. The only problem that I had with this pattern, though, was the seaming of it. Since the yarn is in so many beautiful stripes, you can really see the yarn that I used for the seaming:

this seam makes me unhappy

Other than solving the problem by knitting this in the round, can anyone suggest a seaming solution? What do you all think about stitching up the seam on a sewing machine?

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Jen, I was just surfing the "Knitting Bloggers" ring, and saw your question about seaming. What method did you use? Mattress stitch should be invisible. It's not obscure, you should be able to find instructions in any of your regular references, or somewhere online. Let me know if you need more help.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thanks for the comment Beth- Yes, I more or less attempted a mattress stitch, but as you can see, that purpley yarn was the color that I was on in the Noro, so it really contrasted with the other colors from the colorway. Perhaps I don't mattress stitch as I thought I did? I was picking up the running threads after the first stitch on each edge.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

HI There,

Here is a very good article on mattress stitch to check to see if you are doing it correctly

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring04/mattress.html

I love the colours on your hat!

Dani
www3.sympatico.ca/daniwarren/knitstitchclick.htm

3:47 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thanks Dani- I'll check it out. And your Klaralund sleeve is so beautiful. I saw the pattern in the other Ellison book and am considering it. Can't wait to see your finished one!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I love this colorway! Your hat is so cute!

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home