Thursday, September 16, 2004

Ding ding ding..we have a winner!

Thanks to all of you that suggested that mattress stitch would fix my happy hat problem. Here is the corrected seam:

yay!

Indeed, I was mattress stitching all wrong, and the lovely ladies at SnB last night were good enough to give me a primer on the mattress stitch. What a genius seaming technique!

Also at SnB last night, I ripped out the blasted baby hat that I've re-started, oh, 5 times now, because popular opinion proved it would have been too small to fit a baby head. Who knew they had such huge noggins? No photos of that. I've been struggling with knitting it on dpns from the get-go because I was too cheap to go out and buy a shorter circular, but I think I may have to break down and do that, just for sanity's sake.

I also got to see the jacket that Jane is knitting, and boy is that yarn fabulous. Of course I can't remember the name, but it was to die for.

4 Comments:

Blogger luvs2knit said...

After you were done with the seaming, you glowed until it was time to go. You looked like a beauty queen and I really love the hat. You and your fiance will look wonderful together in your matching (or semi-matching) hats. Knit on, girl.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Your hat is so pretty. And kudos to you for going back and fixing the seaming!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thanks gals. I wasn't initially going to fix the seam, but the SnB ladies inspired me to do so. I just visited Weldin's on my lunch break and bought another ball of Kureyon that I think is destined to be a hat for a friend. I just can't get enough of that yarn!

2:35 PM  
Blogger luvs2knit said...

Jen,
Do you have the website for the woman you made reference to who lives in France? I would love to check out her blog.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home