Monday, January 17, 2005

Socks rock!

I've finally decided to jump on the socks bandwagon after seeing so many beautiful pairs on other blogs. I have armed myself with two (2) pair of Addi Turbo needles, size 2US and three (3) balls of sock yarn from Elann, as well as Mary Ann Beattie's Crazy Toes and Heels sock book. After swatching in the round on 2 circs (which rocks by the way- no more dpns for me!), I've decided that my fabric is not heavy enough. Enter two (2) more pair of Addi Turbo circs, size 1US (this is starting to get expensive!). Those teeny tiny needles and yarn sure were difficult to get used to at first, but now I am liking them. I'm planning to knit both at the same time, so I am sure the actual socks will work up much more slowly, but I am looking forward to them. I was never a big fan of socks before, favoring bare feet, but that all changed once we moved into the drafty money pit that is our house. Now I can't imagine walking around barefoot.

I'm also working on a scarf and hat set in Licorice, which is a Joann Fabrics yarn. It's 100% wool and very squishy and pretty. Plus, it knits up on size 17US needles, which provide a nice break from the 1s. I've put the woolspun turtleneck aside for the time being, and I am going to take it to SnB this wednesday to see if anyone has any advice on the shortening of the length for me. I wish I'd put in a lifeline when it started to look like it was going to be too long, but live and learn, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home