Wednesday, November 30, 2005

To borrow a word - woot!

blocking sweater on ugly towel

Hannah's sweater is finished and blocking and should be packed up and on its way to Philadelphia tomorrow. The specs: the yarn is Cleckheaton Country 8 Ply, color 1934, knit on 2 pair of 4mm Addi Turbo circs. Awesome pattern here. This yarn was nice to knit with, and it's 100% washable wool, but when I gave it a bath in Eucalan, it stretched out more than I thought it would. Anyway, it's nice and soft and I think it will be great for a baby.

Next, I'll be working on finishing the husband's socks (no small job for his freakishly large feet) and starting that Woolspun turtleneck for myself.

We had a great Thanksgiving with both sets of parents, with much to be thankful for. We had dinner at our house, though everyone pitched in with the cooking. Here's a shot of the table, ready and waiting, with the fancy napkins that I learned how to fold here:

this is the first time that I realized that our table is just not that big, though I thought it was

Hope everyone had as great a Thanksgiving as we did. Now on to Christmas decorating, which will actually be fun this year since we're fairly settled in the house now. Here are the ornaments that I bought at the Handmade Arcade:

retro!

I am looking forward to putting them on our tree. They are made of vintage fabric and pipe cleaners and are so pretty.

New knitting content to come soon!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Jen, the sweater looks great! I am definitely going to have to try this pattern. My cousin is expecting a baby next spring, and this would make a great gift.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Wow... that sweater is adorable. Jane (just one more row) directed me to that pattern before and after seeing yours, I'm pretty convinced that I'll make that one for my niece's baby due in January.
Great job!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thanks Holly! Have fun knitting the sweater- it's a fabulous pattern!

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dude, lurve the sweater in pink, and the table looked very luxe.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Cheryl:) said...

thanks for the link to the sweater!!!
I even have the yarn for it!!!
:)

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home