Sunday, August 28, 2005

Heaven, I'm in heaven...

Yesterday was more wedding "work" as Lori and I went to get our hair done for a trial run. Lori's stylist did an amazing job and we decided to take our new hairdos out for a spin. We thought of the perfect place to go:

Knit One in Squirrel Hill!

Saturday was their first official day in business, and boy, what a business! This place is absolutely huge! There are several comfy looking couches and a big table and chairs in the back of the store.

check out our new hairdos!

Lori peruses a wall of Debbie Bliss

The shop is cozy and welcoming and the people there are so nice. The shop attendant offered to take the photo above because she said we looked so cute!

Not a great photo, but you can see the comfy couches here and get an idea of how large the place is

The best part? They have Saturday and Sunday hours, and are open late on Tuesdays and Thurdays. The prices are on par with other shops in the area and they had lots of Debbie Bliss yarns, some I noticed that were priced slightly lower than at other area shops. And, did I mention how nice and friendly they are? Of course, I had to help to support the local economy:

More Noro. I know, I need help.

Yay for Knit One!

ed. 08/29/05:
Per their business card, the hours are:
Wed., Fri., Sat.- 10-5
Tues., Thurs.- 10-8
Sun.- 12-4

2721 Murray Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15217
t: 412-421-6666
www.knitone.biz

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Hi Betsy!

Nice to see you here in the Blogosphere! I remember you talking about your children (who are lovely) and I personally think that Bryan's 'fro is quite cute!

I would definitely encourage a field trip- it'd be right off of 376 for you- a straight shot from Monroeville!

12:58 PM  
Blogger jillz said...

I'll have to go check it out once I get back from vacation! Bonnie even said she would go and say hello to Stacey (the owner).

5:39 PM  
Blogger luvs2knit said...

Jen, Thank you for going on that wonderful field trip and showing pictures of you and Lori. Looks like you guys had a great time!!!

8:17 AM  
Blogger A said...

Thanks for the review. Do you remember what the Saturday and Sunday (yeah!!) hours are?

12:42 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thank you so much for the scoop! Having moved from the city to "rural-burban-topia" Murrysville, I miss out on all the new stuff! Can't wait to visit!

Jenn :)

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the new LYS info!!!! I think I may need to take a little trip through the tunnel on Saturday :) I am so excited a store finally has Sunday hours!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home