Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Turning over a new leaf

You know what this is, right?

yes.  again.

This is, I think, about the 15th time I have re-started the fiery bolero. No joke. So here's my new mantra: Don't think, just knit. You see, in my anal obsessive-compulsiveness, every time I started this thing and got about 2-4 inches in, I would look at it and think, "it's uneven" or "the gauge is too loose" and then "the gauge is too tight" or "this is the wrong size, it's not going to fit". So this sweater, which should have been finished by now, is just barely started. From now on, I am going to not think, just knit. If it turns out to be the wrong size, I'll deal with it then. It hurts me to say that, really.

So the new Knitty is out, and it's all guy stuff. Though there is a cute bag (and I guess lots of other stuff) that could be unisex. I do like the tiny cargo pants- those are way cute- but there is nothing there that I think I'd want to knit, which is a little bit of a letdown to me, but great for all of the knitting guys out there or the knitting gals that are sweet enough to knit things for their man (mine's never getting anything bigger than socks).

I'm still experiencing inordinate amounts of wedding stress. As I type this, I am waiting for the stationary shop to call me and tell me that my proof for the invitations has (finally) come in, but so far, that call's not coming. I was on theknot.com (evil site, that is) last week and saw a message post by another October 1 bride who has her invites addressed, stamped and ready to go. I don't even have mine yet. Not that I'm panicking, you know. (send a paper bag)

2 Comments:

Blogger luvs2knit said...

Jen,
If you did your gauge for your bolero, you're fine. Just knit when you are tense cause that makes knitting tight.

About knitty.com, the only pattern I like is "lucky" since Eric wants a sweater like that from Orvis.

Regarding wedding stuff, It will all come together in the end. 8 hours in a day will seem like 2-3 hours. The day goes by so quickly.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hi Jane!

I did gauge for the bolero, but for whatever reason, I wasn't getting it when I
started on the actual pattern. Oh well, I am resolved to knit on!

It's very nice of you to make a sweater for Eric. I am such a greedy knitter-
if I knit an adult sweater, it has to be for me!

Hope you had a great time in Niagara Falls!

Jen

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home