Thursday, May 26, 2005

It's a boy!

The recipient of Grover made his entrance into the world yesterday afternoon- I guess blue was a lucky choice! Mad props to the proud new parents of Ross Michael. Now I just hope the sweater fits, because Ross weighed in at 8 pounds, 7 ounces, which is unbelievable to me, because his mom is a wee tiny thing.

Here's what I've been up to:
beginnings of bijou

This is the Bijou scarf from Morehouse Farms that Jill sent. The pattern is so simple that it's genius- just an increase at the beginning and a decrease at the end of every other row, which forms a nifty parallelogram. So easy, yet I'd have never thought of it, because I'm no genius. I did start this a few times with the recommended size 11 needle, and I thought it looked a little sloppy, so I dropped down to a size 10 and increased the cast-on by four stitches, and am very pleased with the way it is turning out. I'm also knitting a bit here and there on fiance's socks, and I'm fairly close to the heel turn, so that's exciting. We'll be having houseguests this weekend for the holiday, so I probably won't have a lot of time to knit, unfortunately. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home