Thursday, April 28, 2005

No swag

Want to see the photos of all of the fabulous swag that I got from my much anticipated trip to Bonnie Knits?!? Well, there are none, due to the fact that I didn't find anything I liked in the sale bin, and she was fresh out of Koigu. I didn't walk out empty-handed though. I bought another pair of 2.25mm addis, so I now have two sets of sock knitting needles to work with. Why? My plan was to start on some Koigu socks for me with the second set of needles while still working on fiance's socks (why, of course I was going to finish them!!). Anyway, you all know what needles look like, so I won't bore you with a photo. Bonnie did say that she was planning to get some more Koigu in stock, so I guess I will finally meet my yarn destiny at her new location.

Anyway...the socks. I am now four rows away from finishing the gusset increases, and if all goes well, I will finish the increases today during my lunch hour. I haven't made fiance try them on for a few days/several rows, so I don't know how close I am to the back of his ankle. I was really far the last time (as you can see in the photo below), so I have a feeling I'll be knitting some plain rows to get there. For a while, I was so excited about them that I was making fiance try them on every few rows, but I think he was getting a little irritated with that.

In other knitting news, my friend Lori and I are getting together to knit tonight, and she is going to help me with some lace knitting. She is a very good lace/cable knitter, and somehow, charts make sense to her, unlike they do to me. Instead of the Branching Out scarf from Knitty (which I tried to start and failed), I will be making the leafy lace scarf from the latest issue of Vogue Knitting. Lori's already working on that pattern (and made revisions to it, no less!) and hers is coming out gorgeous. I hate to be a copycat knitter, but I'll take the help where I can get it, thank you.

Oh, and next weekend is the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. With the road trip, hotel and rampant yarn buying that I would do, it is out of the question this year, budget-wise, but I hope that I can talk fiance into going next year. So, anyone out there in blog land going?

2 Comments:

Blogger luvs2knit said...

Have fun tonight with Lori doing your lace. Cannot wait to see picutres.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you flatter me!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home