Thursday, April 21, 2005

Forgetful knitter

So, I took my camera to the knitting meetup last night, put the bag on the back of my chair, and forgot about the damn thing until we were all packing up to go home. I also think that I left my drinking cup on the table, realizing when I was about a mile away from home that I didn't remember throwing it away (sorry B&N cafe staff!). Regardless, last night was a very good time, and I got some work done on the "Socks for the Fiance With the Gargantuan Feet":

they're unfortunately large, huh?

and here's a shot of the happy couple:

aww, a matched pair

I still have so, so far to go to reach the back of his ankle. I wonder how he'd feel about foot binding? Um, just kidding.

In other crafting news, I bought some pretty fabric at JoAnn's that I've had my eye on for a few weeks:

pink and orange make me happy

That's going to turn into a skirt, once I re-do my guest room and set up a little table in there for my sewing machine, and my mom's serger, which I borrowed (she hates it when I borrow her serger- clearly I need one of my own). Believe it or not, I am actually looking forward to the bad weather that the weather service is calling for this weekend so I can actually re-do the guest room. It doesn't need that much done to it, really. Just some furniture moving and curtain and mirror hanging, and I am excited to do it. Also on tap for this weekend is a trip to Bonnie Knits. My excitement level is building by the hour.

1 Comments:

Blogger luvs2knit said...

Jen,
The Joann's in Gibsonia is going out of business and they might have a serger for 20-30% off. Their number is (724) 444-6070.

I missed you guys last night. See ya in May.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home